If you want to work for a progressive company with a solid growth plan for 2021 and beyond, we want to talk to you! Colorado Publishing House is seeking exceptional talent to join our exceptional team.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
- Production Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Southeast Express Editor
- Southeast Express Associate Publisher
- Human Resource Specialist
- Senior Reporter
- General Assignments Reporter
Be part of the team that brings you the most trusted publications in the community: The Colorado Springs Indy, Colorado Springs Business Journal, Southeast Express, Pikes Peak Bulletin and Colorado Springs Military Newspaper Group.
Why you want to work here?
By the way, our company offers perks to end all perks. In addition to competitive salaries, 401K, and health, vision, dental and life insurance we offer the following: Unlimited PTO (yes, you read that right!), opportunities for remote work, a trade program for up to 50% off food and merchandise from a variety of local businesses, free tickets to local events, entry to company events you know and love like Indy Best Of and CSBJ Rising Stars. As if all that wasn't enough, your dogs are welcome to join you in the office and starting at 4 p.m. each day, you'll also have access to the company's beer keg which is stocked with delicious IPAs from local breweries. What are you waiting for?
Also, we have a mission. We're not just a company — we are part and parcel of the community. At CPH, we believe journalism is an invaluable public service, and we invite you to become part of that mission to shine a light in the dark, provide voices for those who are disempowered, to speak truth to power.
We believe truth matters. If you do too, join us.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editor – Southeast Express
- Oversee copy flow and assign stories for monthly newspaper
- Oversee design of paper
- Must be committed to telling the stories of SE Express – the good, the bad and the ugly – with an eye towards solutions-based journalism
- Work with associate publisher, circulation, marketing, events and advertising manager to increase awareness of the paper
- Remote work possible; two days a week in SE Express office required
- Must live in and have intimate knowledge of Southeast Colorado Springs (80910, 80916)
- Digital expertise with TownNews is a plus
- Five to ten years of journalism experience is required, with at least two years as an editor
Production Manager/Graphic Designer
- Oversee flow of art and graphics department
- Assign layout and design responsibilities
- Plan annual calendar
- Supervise a team of four
- Must be collaborative, artistic and organized
- Digital expertise and ad design preferred
- Three to five years of experience in graphic design and at least one year of management experience required
- Must have at least 10 years of experience
- Must have proven record of investigative success
- Must believe in the power of print journalism and in speaking truth to power
- Must have intimate knowledge of AP Style Guide
- Must be able to tell stories with an eye toward solutions and write clean, compelling copy
General Assignments Reporter
- Must be curious, collaborative and a self-starter
- Must have working knowledge of AP Style and the ability to work on tight deadlines
- Must be able to deliver clean copy regardless of story content (feature story or hard-hitting news)
- Must be able to work across platforms for multiple papers – in print, in person and online
Senior Account Executive
- Prospect and develop new client relationships within a defined geography or market
- Consult with clients on business issues and research design
- Develop innovative proposals and deliver strategic sales presentations
- Make actionable and insightful recommendations for new products, extensions, or enhancements
- Resolving sales or delivery issues
- Five to seven years in a market research sales capacity required
Controller/Business Office Manager
- Must have experience managing accounting records and producing final reports
- Responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities
- Responsible for creating presentations for the publisher and chairman of the board
- Work closely with senior leadership team to manage day-to-day finance operations for a $4 million company
- Functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
Human Resources Manager/Coordinator
- Responsible for recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing workers
- Handle employee relations, payroll, benefits and training
- Plan, direct and coordinate administrative functions
- Oversee benefits program and work conditions in the employee handbook
- Conduct new employee orientations
- Human resources background and five years of experience required.