This week’s poll is brought to you by:
Are you concerned about secure elections in November?
- Yes. Following the 2016 elections, I'm very concerned. 50%, 22 votes22 votes 50%22 votes - 50% of all votes
- No, I'm not concerned about interference in next month's elections. 36%, 16 votes16 votes 36%16 votes - 36% of all votes
- Maybe, but I feel like we learned a lot from our last elections. 14%, 6 votes6 votes 14%6 votes - 14% of all votes
Is there such a thing as too many tourists?
- No. The tourism industry is one of the region's greatest economic drivers. Bring 'em on! 46%, 46 votes46 votes 46%46 votes - 46% of all votes
- Maybe. We'll take the money, but too many and locals can't enjoy the amenities in their own backyard. 27%, 27 votes27 votes 27%27 votes - 27% of all votes
- Yes. It gets far too crowded in the summer. I didn't move here for this. 26%, 26 votes26 votes 26%26 votes - 26% of all votes
Does your workplace have a personal social media policy for employee conduct?
- No, employees are free to post anything via their personal accounts. 66%, 25 votes25 votes 66%25 votes - 66% of all votes
- Yes, but only posts associated with work are prohibited. 26%, 10 votes10 votes 26%10 votes - 26% of all votes
- Yes, it's very restrictive. 8%, 3 votes3 votes 8%3 votes - 8% of all votes
Will you use PikeRide, the city's new bike share system?
- Yes, and the more non-auto options the better. 32%, 37 votes37 votes 32%37 votes - 32% of all votes
- I don't bike. But I wish the program luck. 26%, 30 votes30 votes 26%30 votes - 26% of all votes
- I have my own bike, so probably not. But it's good for tourists. 21%, 24 votes24 votes 21%24 votes - 21% of all votes
- We shouldn't have a bike share program. 21%, 24 votes24 votes 21%24 votes - 21% of all votes
What's the economy going to look like in 2018?
- Tax reform and soaring stock markets have made me very optimistic regarding the economy. I see nothing but prosperity in 2018. 48%, 50 votes50 votes 48%50 votes - 48% of all votes
- Political uncertainties and the instability of the middle class mean bad things for the economy in 2018. 27%, 28 votes28 votes 27%28 votes - 27% of all votes
- I see a recession coming soon, just not in 2018. 14%, 15 votes15 votes 14%15 votes - 14% of all votes
- The lower corporate tax rate will be great for big corporations, but small businesses will struggle with issues like the new minimum wage law. 11%, 11 votes11 votes 11%11 votes - 11% of all votes
Should Colorado Springs Utilities shorten the timeline to close the Martin Drake Power Plant?
- Yes. Current market conditions mean the time is ripe for other power sources. 50%, 65 votes65 votes 50%65 votes - 50% of all votes
- No. Inexpensive electricity is important for business growth and development. 32%, 42 votes42 votes 32%42 votes - 32% of all votes
- Maybe. But we shouldn't rush to change what is already working. 18%, 23 votes23 votes 18%23 votes - 18% of all votes
Do you expect your health insurance costs to go up this open enrollment?
- Yes, they go up every year, so this year should be no exception. 70%, 33 votes33 votes 70%33 votes - 70% of all votes
- Maybe, but I'm hopeful costs are leveling. 17%, 8 votes8 votes 17%8 votes - 17% of all votes
- We're cutting coverage because of costs. 11%, 5 votes5 votes 11%5 votes - 11% of all votes
- No, we plan to to cut costs but maintain the same level of coverage. 2%, 1 vote1 vote 2%1 vote - 2% of all votes
Does your company share financial information with its employees?
- Yes, the company is very transparent about finances with all employees. 47%, 17 votes17 votes 47%17 votes - 47% of all votes
- No, the company is tightlipped about finances. 28%, 10 votes10 votes 28%10 votes - 28% of all votes
- Sort of. Employees directly impacting the bottom line are privy to that information. 25%, 9 votes9 votes 25%9 votes - 25% of all votes
Generation Z will soon be entering the workforce. Are you prepared?
- There are definitely generational differences in the workforce but that's a good thing. 45%, 14 votes14 votes 45%14 votes - 45% of all votes
- Generations are generalizations. Age groups mean nothing in business. 35%, 11 votes11 votes 35%11 votes - 35% of all votes
- It's not good. I just figured out Millennials. 19%, 6 votes6 votes 19%6 votes - 19% of all votes
Is Colorado Springs growing too quickly?
- Yes, traffic is getting worse, parks are crowded and we're losing our identity. 54%, 61 vote61 vote 54%61 vote - 54% of all votes
- Perhaps, but growth here has been stagnant for so long, so the impact hasn't been that great. 26%, 30 votes30 votes 26%30 votes - 26% of all votes
- No. It's about time the rest of the country caught on. The more the merrier. 20%, 23 votes23 votes 20%23 votes - 20% of all votes