The Better Business Bureau of Southern Colorado and the Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center presented their annual Small Business Week Awards May 9 to honor the achievements of individuals and small business owners.
Emcee Jon Karroll and the keynote presenting speaker Delaney Keating helped host the annual Small Business Week dinner presentation at The DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs.
Small businesses in the area were given the opportunity to compete in five categories with specific requirements to be considered for each category. The 2019 Small Business Week Award categories and winners are:
- Small Business Person of the Year – A.J. Peak, Peak Dental Services
- Small Business Champion of the Year – Chelsea Gaylord, City of Colorado Springs
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Alex Belding, WebriQ Goes Mad
- Veteran Small Business Owner of the Year – Rodney Gullatte Jr., Firma IT Solutions
- Family-Owned Small Business of the Year – Trevor Dierdorff, Amnet
“We are proud to announce this year’s winners in order to highlight their great work as successful small business owners in our community.” Jonathan Liebert, CEO and executive director of BBB of Southern Colorado, said in a news release. “In our nation, small businesses create almost two-thirds of net new private sector jobs — so it’s imperative that we continue to support and encourage small business owners.”
Aikta Marcoulier, executive director for Pikes Peak SBDC, said, “Small business is the heart of the Pikes Peak Region. From the Creative District of Downtown Colorado Springs to technology in space, small businesses are creating culture, innovation, and vitality. Today we honored to award the elite, businesses thriving and making an impact[.]”