The Quad Innovation Partnership spring semester innovation consulting teams have finalized recommendations for each of their five clients and will present their proposals at Demo Day on the campus of Colorado College. The event begins at 4 p.m. and is free to attend, however registration is required.
Each semester, the QIP facilitates teams of interdisciplinary students, expert faculty and professional staff advancing project-based work to benefit the greater community. The partnership is comprised of students, staff and faculty from Colorado College, Pikes Peak Community College, UCCS and the Air Force Academy. Today, the QIP team will present:
- Recommendations for the Pikes Peak Community Foundation to sustain the impact and future of the oldest urban farm in Colorado — Venetucci Farm;
- Recommendations for El Paso County Public Health to improve healthy food access in Colorado Springs;
- An update on research and analysis completed to date on an affordable housing model for seniors for Innovations in Aging Collaborative;
- A final augmented reality market research and analysis for local tech firm, Altia; and
- Final research and recommendations on how electrification will impact the future of energy in Colorado Springs for Colorado Springs Utilities.
Find out more about QIP’s projects here.
“This has been a very exciting semester for our team” said Jake Eichengreen, executive director of the QIP, in a news release. “Over a short period of time, the student-led teams have completed thorough research [and] developed innovative, validated recommendations for our five outstanding clients. Nearly 60 percent of our clients are engaged in their second or third projects with us. I am personally proud of how many of our student-alumni are now using what they learned at the Quad in their careers in Southern Colorado. I expect many of these same success stories for the team of students who will wrap up their work with us at Demo Day. Our rapid success is mirrored by our trajectory to realize financial sustainability by 2020, well ahead of our original business plan.”