The theme for this year’s special event was “Outdoor Recreation Social Impact Businesses.”
“As a celebration of the State’s love of the outdoors, CI4SI decided to highlight Outdoor Recreation because it is an integral part of the Colorado lifestyle,” a CI4SI news release said. “To go with the theme, both CI4SI and Vectra Bank co-presented the awards to a sold-out crowd at the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center, a social impact organization itself adjacent to one of American’s most popular parks.”
In order to be a candidate for a PRISM Award, a social impact business or social entrepreneur (who lives and works in Colorado) must follow the criteria. The PRISM Awards honors Colorado Social Impact businesses and social entrepreneurs in three categories: Social Impact Business of the Year, Social Impact Startup of the Yea, and Social Entrepreneur of the Year.
The winners in each category are:
- Social Impact Business of the Year: Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center
- Social Impact Startup of the Year: The Men’s Xchange
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: Bill Morris, co-founder and CEO of Blue Star Recyclers
- Social Impact Business of the Year: EarthHero
- Social Impact Startup of the Year: TrailFork Inc.
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: Lillian Hoodes, co-founder and CEO of TrailFork Inc.
- Social Impact Business of the Year: SEI Professional Services
Judges for the PRISM Awards were:
- Jonathan Liebert, executive director and CEO of the Colorado Institute for Social Impact
- George Reed, dean of School of Public Affairs, UCCS
- Thayer Tutt, vice chairman and chief investment officer, El Pomar Foundation
- Carrie Tynan, director of programs and grant making, Adolf Coors Foundation
- Jacob Eichengreen, executive director of The Quad Innovation Partnership
- Lisanne McNew, president & COO, McNew and Associates