The city of Colorado Springs is reminding interested parties that the deadline to apply for Lodgers and Automobile Rental Tax event funding is 5 p.m., Thursday, May 4.
Colorado Springs City Council staff and the LART Citizen’s Advisory Committee conducted two LART workshops earlier this month for event organizers intending to apply for funding for 2019 events.
“In addition to its general city sales tax, the city levies a 2% tax on lodging and a 1% sales tax on auto rentals,” according to a city-issued news release. “The money generated from this tax is placed in a special revenue fund purposed only for qualified expenses to support special events that attract visitors to the City and to the Pikes Peak Region, encourage tourist activity, provide economic and cultural benefit, enhance the quality of life in the City, and engage the community.”
Important LART application dates for 2019 events/projects:
- Thursday, May 3, 2018, 5 p.m. – APPLICATION DEADLINE.
- Thursday, May 10, 2018, 3 p.m. – Applications presented to LART CAC for review.
- Thursday, June 14, 2018, 1 p.m. – Applicant presentations to LART CAC (if requested).
- August/September 2018 – LART CAC funding recommendations for 2019 events/projects presented to city council for review and approval. Check with council staff to obtain specific dates, as they are subject to change.
- October/November 2018 – City council budget for 2019 is approved.
- December 2018 – Final 2019 city of Colorado Springs budget is approved.