The Wells Fargo Community Assistance Fund granted $29,800 to 19 El Paso County-based nonprofits, according to a news release sent by the company. This is the 21st year the bank has given money through the CAF. Eligible organizations must be certified 501(c)(3) and have an annual budget of $350,000 or less.
“Though they may be small, these grassroots organizations make such a big difference to those in need,” said Ryan Stephens, Wells Fargo area president for Southern Colorado. “Through these grants, we hope to show [the nonprofits] we appreciate what they do on behalf of all of us to keep our community strong – a great place to live, work, play and do business. We’re pleased to be able to make these special contributions as part of our overall community efforts.”
The following organizations received a grant from the Wells Fargo CAF:
- African American Youth Leadership Conference;
- Centro de al Familia;
- Chamber Orchestra of the Springs;
- Colorado Springs Teen Court;
- Colorado Springs Therapeutic Riding Center;
- Court Care for the Pikes Peak Region;
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance;
- Family Promise of Colorado Springs;
- Harley’s Hope Foundation;
- Kidpower of Colorado;
- Kids on Bikes;
- Mello Memories;
- Pikes Peak Senior Squadron;
- Sprinkle Art/Imagination Celebration;
- The Global Z Recording Project;
- Trails and Open Space Coalition;
- Western Museum of Mining & Industry;
- Wild Blue Animal Rescue and Sanctuary; and
- Women’s Resource Agency.
Statewide, more than 200 qualified, community nonprofits will receive grants from the Wells Fargo CAF this year. The fund was started to provide needed support to small nonprofit groups that don’t have the resources to compete with larger organizations for community support dollars. Since its inception, more than 4,200 grants of more than $4.3 million have been awarded.
The fund is part of the company’s overall community-support efforts. In 2014, Wells Fargo donated $7.1 million to 1,000 nonprofits in Colorado, and employees logged more than 30,000 volunteer hours.