Simon Penner of CameronButcher Commercial Real Estate brokered a number of leases recently for downtown commercial properties. He represented both the lessee and the lessor on all of them.
“Space is tightening up in downtown Colorado Springs,” Penner said.
The properties include:
• A new quick-serve sushi restaurant at 107 N. Tejon St., operated by Sam Lee. The 1050-square-foot space had been French Fry Heaven. Lee has owned another business, and he is moving it downtown, Penner said.
• At 101 N. Tejon, Bonny and Read Fresh Seafood and Steaks restaurant will occupy space at the former PB&Jellies and west of there to front Tejon Street. The 3,300-square-foot space was rented by Colorado Springs restaurateur Joe Campana, who operates The Rabbit Hole and Supernova.
• Baby Cotton, a cloth diaper and accessories store, is relocating from West Colorado Avenue to a 2,274-square-foot space at 330 S. Nevada Ave.
• In the same building as 330 S. Nevada, Ken Binning will be opening The Bar-K, a fresh-squeezed cocktail bar at 124 E. Costilla. The business will occupy a 3,257-square-foot space. Binning is seeking to obtain a liquor license, “so that’s not a complete done deal,” Penner said.
• At 517 S. Tejon, Steve Kelnhofer is opening a glass-blowing studio, occupying 1,600 square feet.
Penner also has a letter of intent for a 1,350-square-foot retail space for a high-end clothing boutique, he said.