Girl Scouts of Colorado honored six El Paso County women as 2015 Women of Distinction. They are:
- Kathy Boe, CEO, Boecore, Inc.;
- Brigadier General Dana M. Capozzella, ARNG, retired, compliance officer/partner, Cascade Investment Group;
- Benita Fitzgerald Mosley, chief of organizational excellence, United States Olympic Committee;
- Karla Grazier, CEO and president, Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado;
- Phoebe Lostroh, Ph.D., associate professor of molecular biology and director of feminist and gender studies, Colorado College; and
- Mia Ramirez, MPH, senior community health specialist, Kaiser Permanente.
This year’s six honorees were selected by a committee of their peers led by Selection Chair Lynne Telford, president and CEO of Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado and a Woman of Distinction 2014. They were chosen based on their contributions to the community, professionally and personally.
“They are shining examples of corporate, civic and philanthropic leadership and serve as role models for our female leaders of tomorrow,” said AnneMarie Harper of Girl Scouts of Colorado.
The Women of Distinction program began in 2000, though 56 area women were named Women of Distinction in 1994 during Girl Scouts’ 75 anniversary. Including this year’s honorees, Girl Scouts of Colorado has recognized 119 area women with this honor. The Women of Distinction program brings together a group of women dedicated to raising funds to support Girl Scout leadership programs. More than $325,000 has been raised in 12 years, Harper said.
Girl Scouts of Colorado will honor these inductees on Sept. 10 at the 2015 Thin Mint Dinner in Colorado Springs at the Antlers Hilton. Alicia McConnell, director of training sites and community partnerships at the USOC and a Woman of Distinction 2007, is the event chair.
For more information on the Sept. 10 event, including how to help, call Karen Burghart at 304-8322 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested persons may also visit the Girl Scouts of Colorado website for more information or to purchase tickets and/or sponsorships at girlscoutsofcolorado.org/women-of-distinction-pikes-peak.