The Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau named some of this year’s best tourism spots and events in Colorado Springs.
The winners were announced this week at the CVB’s annual Tourism Industry Awards Celebration, where officials also launched the city’s new slogan “Live it Up!” and logo.
Five industry awards were presented by Doug Price, CVB president and Board Chair Alicia McConnell, director of athlete services and programs for the U.S. Olympic Committee.
The winners of the evening:
- Innovations in Restaurants/Nightlife – The Warehouse Restaurant & Gallery
- Innovations in Lodging – The Broadmoor Hotel
- Innovations in Attractions – Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
- Innovations in Sports – USA Pro Cycling Challenge
- Innovations in the Arts – Art on the Streets
- Innovations in Bed & Breakfasts – Holden House Bed & Breakfast Inn
From the CVB staff, Cheryl Blantom-Chisholm, government and military reunions sales manager, was recognized for 15 years of service and Betty Jo Cardona, domestic tourism sales manager, was recognized for five years of service.
More than 84 CVB members and supporters donated products and services, ranging from hotel stays to dinners to a mountain bike, for the Silent Auction. Money raised from the event will be used for marketing the region to leisure travelers and meeting and event planners.