Cimarron Street Bridge is still a work in progress, and now the public is invited to gaze upon its girders tomorrow as crews start a major milestone in the project.The public can view the placement of 48 concrete girders from the south end of America the Beautiful Park. The city has placed bleachers at the park, which will remain in place while the girders are being raised. The work is expected to last at least five days, starting at 7 a.m. each day, through Feb. 27.
- The 48 concrete girders will become the main support for the bridge deck.
- For the east and west spans of the Cimarron Bridge each girder is 85 feet long and 70,402 pounds (approximately 35 tons).
- The center span girders are each 109 feet long and 86,587 pounds (approximately 43 tons).
- The 300-ton capacity crane installing these girders weighs 158,353 pounds (approximately 79 tons) and is currently the largest crane in the state of Colorado.
- The same crane will be used to install the girders for the Austin Bluffs Interchange at Union in mid-March.