Pikes Peak Worforce Center hosts job fair

The Pikes Peak Workforce Center is hosting a spring job fair tomorrow, April 18. The job fair is set up to help “adults who are looking for a job or for a better job,” according to the center. Some of the featured employers include Engineering Systems Inc., Advantage Sales & Marketing, The Mining Exchange Wyndham […]

Employers posted more job openings in February

Employers posted slightly more job openings in February, suggesting that modest hiring gains will continue in coming months. The Labor Department said Tuesday that employers advertised 3.5 million job openings in February. That was a slight increase from a revised 3.48 million in January but still below the three-year high of 3.54 million in December. […]

Survey: Employers optimistic about hiring

U.S. employers are growing more optimistic about 2012, according to a survey by Right Management, a subsidiary of ManpowerGroup. One in three companies predicts growth an increased hiring for the rest of the year. In March 2011, only one in five U.S. employers was confident about growth and hiring. Right Management surveyed executives at 631 […]

Report: Layoffs likely to slow in 2012

U.S. employers anticipate few staffing cutbacks in 2012 and many expect to increase hiring, according to a report released by Right Management. Only 3 percent of the 600 survey respondents, which were executives in private, non-profit and government organizations, said they anticipate significant staffing cutbacks or restructurings this year. Two-thirds said they expect almost none. […]

Employers slightly reduce job postings in October

U.S. employers advertised slightly fewer jobs in October, a modest decline from a three-year high hit in the previous month. Companies and governments posted 3.3 million jobs in October, down from 3.4 million in September, the Labor Department said. October’s level was the second highest in the past three years. “Despite the retreat, the … […]

A look at some of Colo. Springs’ top private employers

Where do Colorado Springs jobs come from? It’s true that the city relies heavily on its public sector, employers such as Fort Carson and Memorial Hospital, for roughly 40 percent of the city’s workforce. But it’s the private sector that’s the real backbone of the economy, providing the other 60 percent. Here’s a look at […]

Hire Colorado seeks employers

The Pikes Peak Workforce Center is looking for employers who can participate in Hire Colorado. This program subsidizes wages or the cost of training for companies in El Paso and Teller counties that pay wages on Internal Revenue Service form W-2. The center is seeking companies for the following positions: construction, management and administrative. Companies […]

Workforce Center gets stimulus money for youth job program

The Pikes Peak Workforce Center will receive $1.4 million from The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 for its Summer Work Experience program. Youths, ages 16 to 24, can gain paid work experience, from May 1 to September 30. “We hope to create 300 work experiences this summer,” said Jeanne Cotter, spokeswoman for PPWFC. […]