USA Pro Challenge local race organizers and city officials will begin closing roads in the downtown area Thursday in preparation for the Stage 5 finish Friday afternoon.
Cyclists will start the stage in Breckenridge and enter Colorado Springs on Highway 24 between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. and finish downtown before approximately 4 p.m. For the official course map, visit www.RideStage5.com.
• 2 a.m. – parking lot at Pikes Peak Avenue and Cascade Avenue closed through Friday
• 9 a.m. – Tejon Street closed between Colorado Avenue and Kiowa Street and between Kiowa Street and Bijou Street through midnight Friday
• 9 a.m. – Pikes Peak Avenue closed between Cascade and Nevada Avenues through midnight Friday
Friday, Highway 24
• 12:30 p.m. – short-duration closures moving toward Colorado Springs starting at Hartsel until about 4 p.m. at Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods
• 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – park closed to motorized traffic and rock climbing
Old Colorado City
• 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – no parking on 30th Street from Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center to Colorado Avenue and on Colorado Avenue from 30th Street to Cascade Avenue
• 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – short-duration closure on route above when the race arrives; cross traffic allowed until race arrives
• 9 a.m. – Tejon Street: closed between Platte and Colorado Avenues, reopens at midnight; Cascade Avenue: northbound completely closed between Uintah Street and Colorado Avenue, reopens at 5 p.m.; Bijou Street: closed between Cascade Avenue and Tejon Street, reopens at 5:30 p.m.
• 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. – closure of full circuit, Tejon/Cascade on the east/west and Cache La Poudre/Colorado on the north/south
• 2:30 p.m. – Cascade Avenue: Southbound completely closed between Uintah Street and Colorado Avenue, reopens at 5 p.m.; Colorado Avenue: closed between Walnut Street and Tejon Street, reopens at 5:30 p.m.
Employees affected by the festival parking lot closure will be notified by their property managers. Arrivals before 9 a.m. Friday will not be restricted except street parking in certain areas. Departures required on Cascade Avenue will be restricted until after the race ends.
Acacia park will have a bike valet service; or park in the transit shuttle lots and take the bus into downtown.
All city parking structures will be open for parking on race day. At Bijou and Cascade, departure will be controlled after 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. People with all day parking needs may want to choose this lot. Lots closed by the Thursday build will remain closed on Friday. Public access lots will be open except for Nevada and Pikes Peak, which will have half of the lot reserved for media.
Street parking will be allowed off of the course areas, but it is recommended that people ride their bikes or park in public lots and city garages. Significant parking is also available on the west side of I-25 and people can walk across the bridges to downtown.
Cabs and public transportation will have access outside of the closed area.
- For road closure-related emergencies on Thursday and Friday call the helpline at 2-1-1 (direct number: 719-955-0742).